From time to time, operational performance can deteriorate to a level deemed to be unacceptable. At this stage, a wide number of alternative actions can be taken to improve matters, including improved staff training and deployment (of both train and station staff), and adjustments to timetables and train diagrams. Through our good understanding of railway operations, costs and passenger demand drivers, we can advise on the most effective ways of regaining performance and therefore revenue without incurring excessive cost.
- Operations Analysis for Valley Lines, South Wales
- Station Performance Surveys of London Victoria (for Southern), Nørreport, Copenhagen (for the Danish Government), Munich S-Bahn and Reading (for First Great Western)
- Oslo Western corridor (NSB, Norwegian State Railways)
- Improving Metro Service Punctuality (for Southern)
- Train service performance analysis for the Tyne & Wear Metro (PDF)
Last updated: Sunday, 18th December 2016
© 1996-2017 The Railway Consultancy Ltd